|126 South Country Road Bellport, NY 11713-2542 (631) 286-2424|
Discover Bellport, NY, the jewel of Long Island, at Old Purchase Properties Real Estate
Bellport Village and Brookhaven Hamlet are two neighboring communities on the South Shore of Long Island, New York. They are quaint, historic, and unique. This fabulous area is located approximately sixty-five miles east of Manhattan. The Bellport area is about thirty minutes west of the busy Hamptons. This gem of a location is ideal for Manhattan residents wishing to escape to a charming bay front community tucked away on the South Shore of Long Island. The Village of Bellport has a population of just 2,900. Read on to discover all the wonderful surprises Bellport and Brookhaven Hamlet have to offer.
- The Bellport Village and Brookhaven Hamlet land was purchased from the Unkechaug Indians on June 10, 1664.
- On July 4, 1980 The National Register of Historic Places added over eighty houses in Bellport Village.
- The Village of Bellport has a population of about 2,900.
- Enjoy golf at the Bellport Country Club , a par 71 championship course that overlooks the Great South Bay. Play tennis at the country club with five highly maintained, lighted tennis courts.
- Bellport Village owns a 16 acre parcel on Fire Island at the center of the National Park Service's 8 mile wilderness zone. The village also operates its own ferry to transport you to this fabulous environment. Or if you wish, cruise over on your own boat. Visit www.fireisland.com for additional information.
- The Village maintains several bayfront beaches on the shore of the Great South Bay.
- Enjoy professional theatre at the Gateway Playhouse or Patchogue Theatre.
- Bellport Bay Yacht Club arranges sailing activities and provides sailing lessons for adults and children.
- Bellport Bay, known for its protected waters and magnificent sunsets, allows you to fulfill all of your nautical passions. The sheltered marina with boat slips, moorings, launching ramp, and dry storage areas provides an ideal home base.
- You can fish for flounder, blues, bass, weak fish, hard clams and black fish. Nearby Fire Island offers surf casting or fly fish at South Haven Park. In Bellport you can catch snappers and blue claws from the village dock.
TOWN: Bellport Village South
TOWN: Bellport Village South
TOWN: Brookhaven Hamlet
Web Site Designed and maintained by EDM Consulting
Old Purchase Properties Real Estate is a full service independent real estate agency located in the heart of Bellport Village. Established in 1979, Old Purchase continues to be the leader in home sales in the Bellport, Brookhaven Hamlet and East Patchogue area. Our real estate agents are all longtime local residents with over 100 years of combined experience. Whether buying or selling on the South Shore of Long Island, Old Purchase Properties Real Estate is at your service.
DISCLAIMER: Offering subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change of price with or without notice. All facts stated should be independently verified by prospective purchaser.The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection and/or with the appropriate professionals. The information at this site is provided solely for informational purposes and does not constitute an offer to sell, rent, or advertise real estate outside the state in which the owner of the site is licensed. The owner is not making any warranties or representations concerning any of these properties including their availability. Information at this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified.